Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sleepless in the Chi and the Purrfect Cure!

I have so many things running multiple laps in my brain these days, but my number one concern is:

Adoptions..... how can I get my current foster kittens noticed when they are surrounded by even cuter and younger kittens with another kitten season right around the corner? Where oh where is their forever home?  I can't wait to find that home for them, not because I am tired of them and want them to leave (not with their faces and personalities), but I can't wait for some one else, or some family to have the chance to experience these guys they way I get to day in and day out.

Franklin

Franklin is my buddy and he climbs on me like he is a monkey.  At 4 months, he is the runt of the 11 kitten litter he came from!  he looks to be about half his age, but he doesn't let that slow him down when he wrestles with the older cats I have. He has recently discovered his reflection in the bathroom mirror and every morning, as I climb out of my bed sleepy eyed and dazed, trying so very hard to get myself out the door on time, he climbs up my leg, yes up my leg, to reach the bathroom counter.  He likes to sit and watch himself and try to reach the "other kitty" so they can play!  Words will never give this the cute justice it deserves.

Sally
Now Sally.... oh Sally how I love her face!  Every time I pick her up, I can't help but cuddle and squeeze and mush that face of hers!  It's my number one favorite thing about her, and every adoption show I can't understand how any one else can walk right by her.... but I guess it's a "Foster Mother" thing that many people don't see.  You know how that goes..... But my other favorite thing about her is her purr.  It's a very calming purr at just the right pitch to not make you deaf.  It almost has a water-like quality to it, bubbly like a brook but with a twinge of a nasal note.... ok I'm officially a crazy cat lady if I'm sitting here trying to describe a kitten's purr!!!

So with the self induced pressure I put in place to find these guys the greatest home possible for them, on top of all the other things that life throws at me: Finding more ways to be involved with my resuce organization, Toastmaster speeches to write and prepare, impending work to do for my Daughters of the American Revolution, plus all that other "life" stuff, you know, bills, that pesky thing they call work.... I've been finding it hard to push all that aside and fall asleep at night and stay asleep.  I have a mind that goes faster than I can keep up, sometimes a good thing, other times, it sucks!  So last night I have Sally in her usual posistion (wrapped around my neck!) and I took her and put her near my ear so I could listen to her purr.  She has a purr that when I focused on it, I was able to clear my mind and fall alseep like there was no tomorrow. 

So for all of those who find it hard to sleep at night.... grab your kitty and just listen to them purr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment